Create a template from scratch
To create a template from scratch:
- Click on "New Document" in the navigation menu.
- Click on "New Template".
To create your template, you can either:
- Draft your contract template directly on the Concord draft page by clicking on the "Edit" button, and begin drafting.
- Click on the "Edit" button and copy/paste text from another file into the draft page (make sure to check the layout of your contract after you copy/paste)
- You can, Import a Word file by clicking "Import document" button in the contract edit header.
- Drag and drop any Word or PDF from your computer on to Concord.
On the template draft page:
- Enter contract template title (required): choose a title that will designate this draft as a template.
- Description (optional): In the Summary tab to the right, you may choose to enter a description for your contract template. The description will be available to anyone with access to the template.
- Tags (optional): In the Summary tab to the right, create or add existing tags for easier organization of your templates or to give automatic access to users with access to that specific tag.
Create a template from an existing contract
To create a template from an existing contract:
- Go to the "In Progress" tab on the left of the page, then click on the title of the contract you want to copy as a template.
- Once in the contract page, go to the "..." (more options) button on the top right, then click on "Copy as a Template".
Summary Sheet of a Template:
The summary sheet is available across all stages. Therefore, you can define the summary sheet on a template, document in approval, negotiation, as well as on signed documents.
For instance, define the Summary Sheet from a template, so:
- information will travel to any document generated from the template, and
- renewals will automatically be set once the document is signed
To find more information about the Summary Sheet, use this link.
You can find all your templates by clicking on the "Templates" tab on the left of the home page.