This feature is available on our paid plans.
Automated Templates allow users to bulk send documents in just a couple of clicks. And, thanks to automated variables, each document will be personalized to external guests.
The following instructions are for the Automated Template with Excel feature. For the Automated Template with Salesforce instructions, please click here.
Creating a new Automated Template with Excel
- From Home, click 'New Document' or 'Create Template.'
- Select 'Bulk Send' with Excel
- Select a document to start with
- Select 'Upload a document, or 'Create a blank document.' If uploading, only word documents are accepted, and they will be uploaded through the live editor.
- There will be a visual indicator of Excel Automation in the top title.
Changing a Standard Template to an Automated Template
- Open a Template
- Click File
- Click 'Automate template.'
- Only applicable for Salesforce integration users: in the 'Select an automated template type' pop-up, click Microsoft Excel. For more information on setting up the Salesforce integration, visit here. This guide will focus on the Excel automated template.
- The Automated Template will be available in the 'Templates' tab to the left of the home page.
Creating Automated Variables
- Automated Variables give Automated Templates extra power to merge dynamic information across contracts using one Excel file. Each variable set up in an Automated Template will correspond to a column in the custom Excel file generated for each automated template.
- Click Edit
- With your mouse, highlight the text that you'd like to turn into a variable (ex: "Signee mailing address") or simply place your cursor and click where you want to place the variable.
- Click Insert
- Click Automated variable
- The highlighted text will turn into a variable. If you did not highlight any text, you would be prompted to enter a variable name in a pop-up window. Once you have typed your variable in the 'variable name' field, click Ok:
- Click Save
Downloading the Excel Template
- Click File in the top toolbar
- Click the arrow beside the Automated template
- Click Download Excel template
Using an Automated Template
- Using the template is the next step; to learn more, click here.