This feature is available with Pro and Enterprise plans.
Automated Templates allow users to bulk send documents in just a couple of clicks. And, thanks to automated variables, each document will be personalized to external guests.
Creating an Automated Template
- Click '+ New Document'
- Click the '>' arrow beside "New Template"
- Select Import > import your Word file
- Add a title, description and organize with tags/folders in the Summary Sheet
- Click 'Save'
Changing a standard Template to an Automated Template
- Open your Template
- Click on the "..." options menu beside Edit
- Select 'Set as automated template'
If the Salesforce integration is enabled, you will receive the following prompt to select what type of Automated Template you want, Excel or Salesforce based.
For more information on setting up the Salesforce integration, visit here. This guide will focus on the Excel automated template.
The Automated Template will be available in the "Templates" tab to the left of the home page.
Creating Automated Variables
Automated Variables are what give Automated Templates extra power to merge dynamic information across contracts using one Excel file.
Important: Each variable set up in an Automated Template will correspond to a column in the custom Excel file that is generated for each automated template.
To insert variables:
- Click "Edit" at the top of the document.
- Highlight the terms you wish to make a variable and copy the words (or place your mouse cursor where you want your field to go)
- From the Special Fields menu in the processing tool at the top of the document, select "Automated Variable"
- Paste the terms you copied in step 2, or write in your text placeholder term here.
- Click "Save"
That's it, you're done!
Downloading the Excel Template
Using the template is the next step, to learn more, visit here.
To use your Automated Template, download the Excel file that includes your new variables:
- Open the Automated Template
- In the ellipsis menu, select 'Download excel template'
Open the downloaded Excel file, and along with the other standard metadata and email address fields will be your new variables, as seen below.
Using an Automated Template
Click here to learn more.