By assigning Roles, you can choose who has the right to perform particular actions on Concord (right to sign a document, modify a template, delete a document, etc.). There are two types of roles:
- "System" roles (Administrator, User, Read Only) are pre-configured by Concord and cannot be modified;
- "Custom" roles allow you to define ad hoc roles by selecting permitted and prohibited actions.
Important: By default, the first user created in your company has an "Administrator" role. All subsequent users have a "User" role. Each user has one and only one role inside a given company.
To view the role list
As an Administrator, you can view the role list and their definition in Company Settings > Roles.
To change a user’s role :
As an Administrator, go to the User list (Company Settings > Users).
Select the User(s) you want to assign a new role to, then click on the Assign role button and select the target role in the list :
Alternatively, you can go to Company Settings > Role, click View or Edit next to the target role. In the role details page, click Add users, select the users, then click Submit and Save settings.
E.g.: to add another user as an Administrator, follow these steps:
- Click on the grey wheel on the bottom left corner of your screen > Click Settings
- Go to Company Settings > Users
- Select the user
- Click Assign role then click on Administrator
To create a customized role :
As an Administrator, go to Company Settings > Role, then click Add a New Role. Enter the Role Name and Description (optional), select the features to allow with the sliders, then click Save settings.
Examples of features you can allow or not in a customized role :
- Edit a contract in project
- Sign a contract
- Add attachment files to a contract in project
- Invite people to negotiate a contract
- Comment on contracts
- Edit a signed contract
- Add attachment files to a signed contract
- Edit users with access to a signed contract
- Edit a template
- Create & edit tags
- List all tags