Roles allow Administrators to define the actions that team members can perform on Concord, like signing agreements, inviting parties, creating templates, and much more.
Navigating to the Roles
- Click the settings gear
- Selec 'Settings'
- Click 'Roles' under Company
Concord System roles are configured with pre-set permissions. Therefore, they cannot be modified or removed from the platform.
- Viewer - for team members that need to view or access documents and rich context only when needed. No other actions are permitted.
- Collaborator - for team members who work with contracts but are not authoring them. Collaborators can perform limited document creation, editing, and collaboration actions. If desired, Collaborators can be granted the right to sign by turning this setting on in Company Settings > Preferences.
- Creator - for team members who need full access and control to manage all aspects of the contract lifecycle. Creators can perform all actions on Concord except adding users, listing all tags, assigning users to teams, assigning roles, and removing users.
- Team Manager (Creator) - can perform all actions permitted to Administrators except setting approval on a document in review (Enterprise feature) and listing all tags.
- Administrator (Creator) - ALL actions permitted.
To view all permissions granted in each role, click "View" to the right of the Role.
Note: By default, the first user created in your company has a "Creator - Administrator" role. Each user can be assigned only one role per company/subsidiary account.
Administrators can create and assign as many ad-hoc "Custom" roles as they need for a more customized experience.
Administrators can create a custom role by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings, click 'Roles'
- Click 'Add new role'
- Enter the Role Name and Description (optional)
- Select the features to enable with the toggles
- Click 'Save setting'
Administrators can assign or re-assign roles on the Users settings page.
- From the settings menu, select 'Users'
- Select the User or Users you would like to assign to a specific role
- Select 'Assign Role'