Why should I Archive my documents?
Archiving a document will remove it from your Documents page, but it will continue to exist in your account. If a document is no longer being actively worked on, you can archive it to reduce clutter and optimize the document management process. You can archive any document regardless of its stage (Template, Review, Pending, and Signed).
How do I Archive documents?
- From your Documents page, check one or more documents that you intend to archive
- Select the Archive icon shown at the top of the screen
- All selected documents will be immediately archived and no longer visible from your Documents page
How do I view my archived documents?
Once archived, these documents will no longer be visible in your Documents page by default, but they are still saved in your Concord account.
Archived documents can be located by clicking on the Document 'Filters' button and selecting "Show archived".
Alternatively, you can open the 'More' tab in the sidebar and select 'All' to view all documents in all stages, including your archived documents.
How do I unarchive my documents?
At any time, a contract can be unarchived and returned to your Documents page.
To unarchive a document, follow these steps:
- Select the documents you wish to unarchive or move back into your Documents page.
- Once documents have been selected, a new action will appear in your toolbar called 'Unarchive'. Select this option.
- All selected documents will immediately move back to your Documents page