The Concord application can be found here in the Salesforce AppExchange.
Setting up the Concord app in Salesforce
Displaying Concord documents on your Opportunities page:
Once you have installed the Concord application on your Salesforce account, display Concord documents generated from Salesforce on your Opportunities page:
1. Select Setup from the navigation bar at the top of the page
2. From the left-hand sidebar in the Build section, select Customize > Opportunities > Page Layouts
3. From the 'Opportunity Page Layouts' table, select 'Edit' for the 'Opportunity Layout' row
4. Select 'Related list'
5. Drag and drop the Related list 'Concord documents' into the Opportunity Information section
6. Save your changes
Configuring the Concord Documents section:
Still on the Opportunity Layout page, from the Concord Documents section you just added, select the Related List Properties (wrench icon) button
In the Columns section:
- Remove "Concord Contract Name" from the "Selected fields" column
- Add the following fields below to the "Selected fields" column:
- Concord Actions
- Date Sent
- Date Read
- Date Executed
- Created By
In the Buttons section, set-up the button as shown below:
- In the Standard Buttons section, uncheck "New"
- In the Custom Buttons section, add "New document with Concord" in the Selected Buttons column
- If you are using Classic: select "New document with Concord" and move it into the "Selected Buttons" section
- If you are using Lightning: drag and drop the "New document with Concord" button from the Mobile and Lightning Actions into the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section
- When you are done, select 'OK' in the modal
- Save your layout from the top of the page
Connect your Salesforce account with your Concord account
From the menu in the top-right corner of the page, select 'Concord' from the App Menu
Select Concord tab to configure your settings and select the Connect account button
If prompted to do so, enter your Concord account credentials and click Connect.
In the Authentication section, you should see your Concord username/email listed for 'Linked account'
Customizing which Salesforce fields are available in Concord
Once you have connected your account, in the same page, choose which fields you would like to send to Concord. You can insert:
- Any field from the Account object
- Any field from the Opportunity object
- Any field from the Opportunity Primary Contact object
Once done you can begin creating automated templates in Concord.
Creating Salesforce automated templates in Concord
To be able to start creating document from your Opportunities, you need to create Salesforce templates in Concord.
1. Creating an Automated Template:
- Log in to Concord
- Create a new Template from your Concord homepage and upload your document (see Create a template from scratch)
- Select the More menu (three dots icon) from the document toolbar and select Set as Automated Template
- Select the Salesforce as the Automated Template type
2. Add Salesforce variables to your Automated Template:
- From the document toolbar, select the 'Edit' button
- From the Special fields menu, select Automated variable
From the 'Add Salesforce variable' modal, select the field you would like to insert.
Once selected, select the Add button.
- Once you have placed the automated variables on your document, click Save from the document toolbar.
Once you have created the Salesforce automated template in Concord and inserted one or more Salesforce variables into the document, the automated template will be immediately available for use from your Salesforce Opportunities.