The Concord application can be found here in the Salesforce AppExchange.
Setting up the Integration
To complete the installation, you need to:
- Go to Setup > Customize > Opportunities > Page Layouts
- Edit your Opportunity Layout
- Go to Related list
- Drag & Drop the Related list "Concord documents" into the Opportunity Information section
To configure the related list:
- Click the related list properties button
- Add the fields below to the "Selected fields" column:
- Concord Actions
- Date Sent
- Date Read
- Date Executed
- Created By
- Remove "Concord Contract Name" from the "Selected fields" column
- Setup the button as below:
- Uncheck "New"
- Add "New document with Concord" in the Selected buttons column
- Drag & Drop the Button "New document with Concord" into Custom Buttons section
- Save your layout
Next, to connect your Salesforce account with your Concord account:
- Select Concord from the App Menu
- Go on the Concord Tab to configure your settings
- Click "Connect"
- Enter your credentials and click Confirm
Once you have connected your account, in the same page, choose which field you would like to send to Concord. You can insert:
- Any field from the Account object
- Any field from the Opportunity object
- Any field from the Opportunity Primary Contact object
Once done you will be able to start creating your templates in Concord.
Creating the Salesforce Templates in Concord
To be able to start creating document from your Opportunities, you need to create Salesforce templates in Concord.
1. Creating an Automated Template:
- Go to Concord
- Create a new Template from your Concord homepage and upload your document (see Create a template from scratch)
- Click on the three dots next to Edit and click Set as Automated Template
- Select the Salesforce as the Automated Template type (Click the Salesforce Icon)
2. Add Salesforce variables to your Automated Template:
- Click on the Automated Variables button and once you have selected the variables you would like to add, click the Add Variables button
- Once you have placed the automated variables on your document, click Save.
Once you have saved your Automated Template, it is ready to be used on Salesforce.