With the 'Request Signature,' functionality users can remind a signer that their signature is required on a document they've joined. Concord will send an email to the user with a link to the contract when a signature is requested. This will help decrease the turnaround time for contract completion.
- Concord also offers a weekly E-Signature live training webinar, register here!
To request a signature:
- Complete required actions like tracked changes, approvals, required fields (as displayed in the Document Progress card)
- Invite your parties/signers to the document.
- Signers must join the document before you are able to request their signature
- Click 'Configure signatures' and designate signer in the Signer Panel.
- Signers can be internal users, external users, a specific email address, or anyone (any party).
- (In the Signer Panel) Click 'Request Signature' under the signer's name/email address:
Once requested, the signer(s) will receive an emailed notification:
- When you 'request signature' for 'Any internal user,' all internal users that have joined the document will receive an email notification and see the document under their 'Tasks.'
- When you 'request signature' for 'Any external guest,' all external guests that have joined the document will receive an email notification (if they registered for a Concord account, they see the document under their 'Tasks')
- When you request the first signature, the document is automatically marked as 'ready to sign':
- The document will move to the 'Signing' stage, and the editing function will be locked. (Learn more about the 'ready to sign' function on the Document Progress Card).
Note: Clicking the 'Request Signature' button is optional. As long as all other required actions have been completed, signatories can still sign the contract even if their signature has not been 'requested.' The 'Request Signature' feature can serve as an additional reminder or push to sign the contract.
Establishing Signing Order
If there is a specific order in which signees must sign the contract, you can establish this under 'Advanced Settings'
- Select advance settings from the 'Signers' panel.
- Toggle signing order from off to on. Blue indicates a signing order is required.
- Drag and drop the signers into the appropriate order.