With the commenting feature on Concord, you can:
- Apply comments to specific text in your document
- Make the comments visible to only your team or make them public, so your external guests can also view the comments
- Import comments directly from Word documents
- Resolve comments once they're done
To post a comment on a document and select the comment’s visibility, simply follow these steps:
- Select the text in which you would like to add a comment
- Click on the Comment icon appearing on top of the selected text
- Add your comment in the comment box
- Select the visibility: either Public or Internal
Setting your comment to be 'Public' makes your comment visible to everyone, including external guests that have been invited to your document either before or after the comment was posted.
Internal comments are visible only to the internal users. Internal comments are not included in the document when it is exported as a Word document. Only Public comments can be included in a document export.
Note that once a comment has been posted, its visibility cannot be changed.
Replying to Comments
You can reply to comments made by your external guests or internal users.
To reply to a comment:
- Select the comment you to which you wish to reply
- Enter your response in the input field
- Select the 'Reply' button when you are done
Note: The visibility of replies will remain the same as the initial comment.
To resolve comments you or your external guest has made on a document, hover your cursor on the comments icon in your document and click Resolve. Resolve comments cannot be reopened.
Viewing Comment History
All comments and replies made on the document can be viewed under the Audit tab at the right side of the document, under the 'Comments' sub-tab.
Uploading Comments from Word
You can import comments added to a Word document directly during import.
To import comments made in Word, simply follow these steps:
- Enter Edit mode on a document and select the 'Import document' button from the editor toolbar, OR drag and drop the Word document onto your screen
- In the import modal dialog, select your Word file and
- Select the 'Import Comments' checkbox
- Set the visibility of the comments to either Internal or Public
- Click 'Import'