To ensure that all of your agreements are ready before execution, the 'Sign' feature will only become functional once all steps are complete.
Why is there a lock icon next to Sign?
- When a document is not ready for signature, the sign button will be 'locked'
The document may be locked due to one (or all) the following:
- There are edits (tracked changes) that have not yet been accepted. Learn more Here.
- There is an incomplete internal approval workflow. Learn more Here.
Why doesn't my document have a Sign button?
- The 'Sign' button will only appear for parties that have been invited to sign an agreement that is ready for signature. If you open an agreement and the signature button is not visible, this means that you have not yet been assigned as a signatory for the agreement.
- The documents' creator (or those granted sufficient rights) must assign signers. If you believe this to be a mistake, please request this to be changed in your agreement's discussion panel.