With Concord's e-signature feature, signers can quickly sign documents by clicking one of the 'Sign' buttons.
To ensure that your contracts aren't signed prematurely or by the wrong person, the 'Sign' button will be hidden from non-signers or locked until ready. Read this article to learn more.
Missing 'Sign' button
If you open an agreement and the 'Sign' button is hidden entirely, this means that:
- signers have not yet been configured the document owner yet
- you/your user group have not been configured as a Signer on this document
Learn more about Configuring Signers here.
Locked 'Sign' button
The 'Sign' button will be locked until all required steps are complete. The signing function will be disabled if:
- There is an incomplete internal approval workflow. Learn more Here.
- There are edits (tracked changes) that have not yet been accepted. Learn more Here.
- There are incomplete required fields. Learn more Here.
Not sure what's next/missing? Check the Progress Card to the left of your document to view all steps:
The 'Sign' button may also appear locked for internal users that do not have the 'Sign a document' permission activated in their User Role.
To gain access to the signing feature, contact your Concord Administrator.