Automate more of your business processes by inserting different field types into your documents. Form fields can capture the information needed or required from internal collaborators or third parties.
- Add text or multi-options fields such as checkboxes and radio buttons
- Define whether fields are optional or required
- Assign who can fill the field: someone from your company, an external party, etc.
Form Field Options - Live Editor (Word Documents)
Form Field Options - PDF or Word Mode
- Text Field
- Signature Field
Adding a Form Field
- Place your cursor in the document where you would like the field inserted
- In 'Edit' mode, select 'Fields' from the top tool bar
- Select the field you would like to add to the document
- To make a field 'Required' toggle the required option on. Select who you would like to complete the field by selecting the option under 'Fillable By'.
Assign a Form Field to a Signer (Live Editor - Word Documents)
- In edit mode, select the fields dropdown from the top navigation menu.
- Choose the type of form field you would like to add to your document
- Add a placeholder to the form field, and then select 'fillable by.'
- From the dropdown, choose 'A signer' All signatories who have been configured in the signature panel will be listed in the dropdown. If you would like to assign the field to an unlisted signatory, you must first configure the user as a signatory.
- Select the appropriate signatory and click 'save.'
- Smart fields, radio button, short answer, paragraph and checkbox fields will all have this option available