This feature is available with some of our paid plans.
Insert clauses that are already written and pre-approved from the Clause Library into documents.
Before inserting a clause forward, ensure that at least one clause has been created and saved in your company's Clause Library.
In a template or document, in Edit mode
- From the “Special fields” menu in the document toolbar, click on “Insert clause from library”
- In the “Select a clause from the library” modal, select a clause from the library
- All clauses are displayed but you can search by the clause title
- Clause description defined in the library is displayed beneath the clause title
- The toggle open the clause to view the whole clause text
- Click on the “Insert” button on the bottom right
- The selected clause will appear in the document.
- Inserted library clauses will be displayed as plain text in Read mode for all external guests on the document.
- In Edit mode for external guests, clauses will appear in a grey container with a not-allowed cursor on hover
- Creators and colleagues can view inserted clauses in the document within a purple container.
- If you update an inserted clause in the clause library
- The clause is updated in all templates that use it
- The changes are logged in the audit trail to identify who made the update