This feature is available with some of our paid plans.
Once a clause is saved in your company's Clause Library, users can insert these pre-approved clauses into documents.
To insert a clause from the Clause Library:
- Click Edit
- Click 'Insert' in the editing toolbar
- Select Insert clause from library
- In the pop-up, select a clause
- Click Insert
Then, the selected clause will appear in the document.
- Inserted library clauses will be displayed as plain-text in Read mode for all external guests on the document.
- In Edit mode for external guests, clauses will appear in a grey container with a not-allowed cursor on hover
- Creators and colleagues can view inserted clauses in the document within a purple container.
- If you update an inserted clause in the clause library
- The clause is updated in all templates that use it
- The changes are logged in the audit trail to identify who made the update