Adding Fields to Your Document
Information needed to be obtained in your contract or document should be input as a field. Fields can be completed internally or externally to guarantee you obtain the needed information for contract execution.
To insert a field:
- Open the right-hand panel and select fields
- Before selecting the field type or adding a field to the document, an assignee must be established
- Options include:
- External Guest: Any third party invited to the document can complete the field
- Internal User: Any internal user invited to the document can complete the field
- Anyone: Any user invited to the document can complete the field
- Signers: Users who have been established as a signatory can be assigned to the field
- Once an assignment has been made, you can choose the field type
- Signer Fields: Fields associated with a signature on a document
- Standard Fields: Customizable fields including short answers, paragraphs and radio buttons
- Smart Fields: Prebuilt fields made available to users by admins
- Once a field is assigned to a specific individual, the field will become color-coded. You can quickly identify color assignments by the color of a user's avatar at the top of the document.
Dragging a Field into the Document
- Select the field you would like inserted and drag it into the appropriate location within the document.
Edit a Field
- To edit the field, such as adding a placeholder or changing the responsible party, click into the field and edit information in the field details menu on the right-hand side.
- Remove field: Select Remove Field
- Make the field required: Toggle the Required field option ON. The toggle will appear blue to indicate it has become a required field.
- Save changes: Click the blue arrow after making needed changes.
Required Field Count
- The top left-hand corner of the page will have a field count, showing how many required fields exist within the document, and allow you to advance through the page to the next required field by clicking Next