Adding Required Fields to Your Document
Information that must be obtained in your contract or document should be input as a required field. Required fields will guarantee the information you have requested be collected before any signatures are added to the document.
To insert a required field:
- Click Edit at the top right of your document.
- Place and click your cursor in the area of the document you'd like to place your required field.
- Click Insert (in the editing toolbar)
- Select a field type (for example, a 'Short answer' form field)
- In the pop-up, give your field a text placeholder (i.e., Effective Date). The placeholder text will be visible only until someone adds text to the field.
- Select the option that best fits the description of who will be completing the field in the document.
- Mark the field required to fill out before signature by clicking the blue toggle 'Required' (blue indicates the field is required)
- Click Save to place your field into the document.
- Required fields will be labeled with a red asterisk to indicate that they must be filled out.