Using required fields in your document
Placing required fields in your document will ensure all necessary data is collected prior to signature.
To enter a required field:
- Click Edit at the top right of your document.
- Place and click your cursor in the area of the document you'd like to place your required field.
- Select Insert on the editing toolbar
- Click 'Short answer'
- In the pop-up, give your field a text placeholder (i.e. Effective Date)
- Click on 'Anyone' beside fillable by and delegate which individual, party, or team can fill out the field
- Mark the field required to fill out before signature by clicking the blue slider beside 'Required' (blue indicates the field is required)
- Click Save to place your field into the document.
To learn more about all of our Form fields options (paragraph, checkbox, radio button), click here.
To learn how to fill fields as a user or guest, click here.