Creating Templates in Concord can help you save time, and drive efficiency across your teams. Templates allow you to build off a pre-built document rather than consistently having to recreate the same document or contract.
Create a Template from New Document Button
From the Home page, navigate to and click on the New Document button in the top right of your screen.
A drop-down menu will appear, allowing you to select from the following options:
- New document to sign
- New template
- Add an executed document
- Click New template to open the template editing tool.
Create a Document from the Quick Access Buttons
- From the home page, you will see three quick access buttons across the top of the screen.
- Choose "Create Template"
Both of these methods will bring you to the template drafting page.
From the drafting page, there are two options for creating a template.
- Import a pre-existing file: Click File > Import document and select a file. Or, drag and drop any Word document or PDF file from your computer directly into the body of the editing tool. Once completed, enter a title for your document Template (required). As a best practice use a naming convention that will designate the document as a Template. Example: "NDA Template, Sales Contract Template".
- Create a template by writing directly into the document builder. This method allows you to build your contract template directly from the Concord platform, or by copying it from another location and pasting it into Concord.
Create a Template from an existing document on Concord
- From the Home page, click Documents on the left-hand panel.
- Click on the document you would like to templatize (Drafts, in-Review, or Signing stage documents only)
- Once opened, click File from the top menu
- Select 'Copy as template'
- You will be automatically redirected to your new template. From here you can immediately use the new template by clicking "Start Draft" in the top right-hand corner.
Locating a Template
- From the Home page, navigate to Documents in the left-hand panel.
- From the Documents page navigate to the Stages button in the left-hand of your screen.
- Once selected a drop-down menu will appear allowing you to select Templates.
To standardize meta-data, alerts, and more on Templates, use the following article to learn about the "Summary Sheet".