Roles allow Administrators to define the actions that a user can perform within a Concord account, like signing agreements, creating templates and much more.
Five system roles are predefined in every account: Viewer, Collaborator, Creator, Creator - Team Manager, Creator - Administrator.
- Viewer - for team members that need to view or access documents and rich context only when needed. No other actions are permitted.
- Collaborator - for team members who work with contracts, but are not authoring them. Collaborators can perform limited document creation, editing, and collaboration actions.
- Creator - for team members who need full access and control to manage all aspects of the contract lifecycle. Creators can perform all actions on Concord except: adding users, listing all tags, assigning users to teams, assigning roles, and removing users
- Creator - Team Manager - can perform all actions permitted to Administrators except: setting approval on a document in review and listing all tags.
- Creator - Administrator - ALL actions permitted.
Note: By default, the first user created in your company has an Administrator role. All subsequent users are assigned to the Creator role. Each user can only be assigned to one role per company account in Concord.
Watch & Repeat
- From the Home page, navigate to the gear ⚙ icon in the bottom left of your screen, and click Settings.
- Navigate to and click on Roles under Company Settings in the left-hand panel.
- From the Roles page, navigate to and click on the VIEW button next to each predefined role.
- As needed, navigate to the ADD USER button to search and assign existing users to a role.
- Once an existing user has been selected, navigate to and click on the SUBMIT button to save.
Note: After assigning or modifying a User's Role, the user must refresh their screen for changes to take effect.
While predefined roles offer a range of permissions, however Administrators have the ability to create and assign as many custom roles as needed.
Creating Custom Roles
- Navigate to Company Settings > Role
- Click Add a New Role.
- Enter the Role Name and Description (optional)
- Select the features to allow with the sliders
- Click Save settings.
When creating custom roles, Administrators can choose permissions to enable. Examples of permissions that provide access to or restrict from certain actions include:
- Edit a contract in project
- Sign a contract
- Add attachment files to a contract in project
- Invite people to negotiate a contract
- Comment on contracts
- Edit a signed contract
- Add attachment files to a signed contract
- Edit users with access to a signed contract
- Edit a template
- Create and edit tags