For all signed Documents in Concord, you can set up a Summary Sheet for quick at-a-glance access to key information within your Document (i.e. date of signature, end date, notice, main clauses).
Alerts will be sent based on the information you enter in the Summary Sheet for each of your documents (more on this below).
Note: By default, your executed contract will show in "Signed" status. This means that the end date is unknown, and Concord cannot determine whether it is effective or not. The status will be automatically updated by completing the summary sheet.
Summary Sheet Sections
- General Information - third party name, title of the document, description, and tags
- Life Cycle - set and specify the date of signature, duration, notice, etc.
- Custom Fields - personalize your Summary Sheet with custom fields (i.e. create and add a field dedicated to the external signer’s phone number or to the Purchase Order number)
- Clauses - allows you to add all other clauses that may be useful
- Add Financial Amount - set and specify the financial conditions of your contract
To add or remove an item under each of these sections, navigate to and click Edit to the right of the corresponding section.
Watch & Repeat
Adding General Information
- Enter the third-party name, allowing you to later search and find your documents more easily. Once the document is in execution, the third-party name will automatically populate once the document is signed
- Enter a brief description of the document
- Assign the document to the correct Folder and/or Tag(s)
Setting a Life Cycle
- Enter the date when the document was signed in the Signed on field, followed by electing a period of time in which the document is valid
- Set and specify the effective date if it differs from the document signature date
- If the document requires a notice of termination, you can enter the required period of time in the Termination Notice field
- Set and specify renewal terms for the document in question
Note: if your contract has a notice, an alert will be sent for this notice
Create Custom Fields
- Click Add a field and enter the relevant field name (i.e. Phone Number), and/or click Enter field value should you wish to set the value of the field
Adding a Clause
- Navigate to and click on Add clause to enter your clause information
- Select Add duration / frequency to set and specify a duration for the clause
- Next to Amount, you set and track specific financial terms from the contract and enable corresponding duration frequency to receive alerts.
Summary Sheet Alert Notifications
Concord automatically sends alert notifications for all future deadlines via email. These alert notifications cover all aspects of your contract deadlines (i.e. beginning, end, notices, financial deadlines, and any other clauses).
On a signed document, the users with whom the document was shared with or have access to it via Folders, will receive alert notification emails. To ensure this occurs, navigate to and click the Share button in the top right to share the document with a user.
Note: Users can set in their Preferences how far in advance they will be alerted of a deadline.