Whether an invoice, quote, proposal, contract, non-disclosure agreement, or other, Documents can be created multiple ways within Concord.
Create a document
- From the Home page, navigate to and click on the + New document button in the top right of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear, allowing you to select from the following options:
- New document to sign
- New template
- Add an executed document
- Once having selected an option from the above, you’ll be directed to the Concord editor where you can:
- Begin drafting a document directly in the editor
- Import a Word or PDF file by clicking on File > Import Document on the draft page. Select the type of file format you would like to import. When importing a Word document, the contents will be editable in Concord. PDF imports are not editable.
- Drag and drop any Word or PDF from your computer on to Concord.
Importing Signed or Paper Documents
If your Document was signed outside of Concord, you can still upload it to your account and track it through to execution.
- From the Home page, navigate to and click on the + New document button in the top right of your screen.
- Select the Add an executed document option.
- When directed to the Concord editor, proceed to complete the field titled Enter a document title to name your document.
- Once completed, proceed to drag-and-drop your executed document file onto the page, or navigate to and click on the blue Import button hyperlink in the main page and browse your device for the document.
Sharing a Document
Documents in Concord can be shared with both internal and external users, as long as they have a valid email address.
- From the Home page, navigate to Documents in the left-hand panel.
- From the Documents Inbox, select an existing Document to share.
- Once selected, navigate to and click on the Share button in the top right of your screen.
- In the modal that appears on your screen, enter the email address(es) of who you wish to invite.
Note: If inviting multiple people at a time to a document, separate each email address with a comma.
- Once completed with entering the email address(es), navigate to and click on the editing rights drop-down to the right to elect the appropriate editing rights you wish to grant.
- If needed, proceed with writing a customized message to send in the email invite .
- Once completed, navigate to and click Send to send the invite right away, or select Save For Later to send at a later time.
Note: Once an invite is sent, each party will be able to immediately access the document regardless of whether they have a Concord account. Should you need to edit particular users editing rights after sharing a document, you can do so at any time. Click here to learn more.
Signing a Document
- Once a document has been opened, and is ready to be executed, navigate to and click on the SIGN button, located on the top right hand of the document.
- Once selected, a modal will appear prompting you to complete the signature process. The option to choose the overall appearance of your signature will also appear.
- Upon selecting the appearance of your signature, and ensuring it’s being viewed appropriately, you choose the appearance of your signature, click the SIGN button on the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
When you click SIGN your signature will be complete and the contract will move into a "signed" status or a "Signing" status in your Documents page. The status depends on whether all the required parties have signed, or need to sign, respectively.
xNote: If the SIGN button is locked and you cannot sign, click here for help
Note: If you'd like to learn how to download the signed document for your records, click here.
Inviting Users From a Specific Subsidiary
Enterprise users who work with subsidiaries can add users from a specific subsidiary directly when sharing a document.
- Activate the "invite users from a specific subsidiary" setting in your Personal Preferences settings.
- Type in the user email in the Share window
- Select the subsidiary you would like to invite them under.