This feature is available on select subscription plans.
With Smart fields, Concord administrators can create standardized fields for use at the organization level that will be available on all Live documents. Smart fields can be inserted into documents to collect data (like form fields). The data entered into Smart fields will automatically appear in the Summary Sheet and can be included in custom Reports.
Note: Smart fields are not available in Word mode and PDF documents.
Create a Smart Field
All users will be able to view existing Smart fields in the left-hand navigation panel. For example, for an Administrator to create a Smart Field:
- From the Home page, click Smart Fields on the left side panel
- Click + Add field
- Enter a name for the Smart field. This field name will appear as placeholder text in the field when it is inserted into documents.
- Select the the field type. The Text type allows any text to be entered into the field. The Number type only permit numbers (and a one period for a decimal) to be entered into the field. Note that the field type cannot be changed once the Smart field has been saved.
Currently, Smart Fields can be renamed but cannot be deleted from the Smart Fields list.
Insert a Smart Field into a Document
- Internal creators (and Administrators) granted full editing rights on a document can insert Smart Fields
- From the right-hand menu, select the fields icon
- Choose the smart field you would like added to the document
- Drag and drop the smart field into the appropriate location on your document
Edit an Inserted Smart Field in Document
- Smart fields can be edited by clicking the Smart field
- The right-hand panel will allow you to change the assignment, make it a required or optional to fill, or remove the field.
Note: External guests with editing rights can delete a Smart field from a document, but they cannot insert Smart fields themselves.