This feature is available for customers on select subscription plans.
With Smart Fields, Concord administrators can create standardized fields for use at the organization level. Smart fields can be inserted into documents to collect information Data entered into these fields automatically populate to the document's Summary Sheet.
Create a Smart Field
- From the Home page, click Smart fields on the left side panel
- Click the blue Add Field button
Smart Fields can be renamed but cannot be deleted.
Insert a Smart Field into a Document
- Internal creators (and Administrators) granted full editing rights on a document can insert Smart Fields while in Edit mode.
- Select who you would like the field to be fillable by
- From the right-hand menu, choose the smart field you would like to insert
- Drag the field into the appropriate location in the document
Editing an Inserted Smart Field
- Administrators can only edit smart fields from the Smart Fields menu on the home page
However, the following can be adjusted by clicking on an inserted smart field and selecting the Edit tool icon:
- Who can fill the field (internal parties, external parties, both)
- Whether or not the field is required or optional
- External guests with full editing rights can also adjust the above
Deleting an Inserted Smart Field
- In edit mode, click on an inserted smart field, select the trash icon to remove it, or use the backspace key.
- External guests can also delete a smart field from a document, but they cannot insert smart fields themselves.