The document progress card, located to the left of the document itself, lists the steps needed to progress an unsigned document to fully signed stage. This is your document's unique Progress Card. The Progress Card guides both internal users and guests through all required actions.
From the Progress Card, parties can track and complete the following:
- Configure signers
- Add fields or approvals (optional)
- Fill fields
- Request signatures
- Sign a document and view signatures remaining
'No Signatures set' and Add' steps
- If no signers have been configured yet on the document, the first step displayed will be the No Signatures set step. This step will automatically disappear as soon as at least one signer is added to the document.
- Internal users can click on the Configure signers button open the Signers panel and add signers.
- If the document does not yet contain any fields or have approvals set, the 'Add' step appears in the Progress cards to guide those configuring the document for signing. If this step is closed using the 'x' button, it will not reappear in this document.
- Only internal users can view the 'No Signatures set' and Add' steps. External guests cannot see these steps.
- Required fields must be filled before the document can be fully signed. Once all fields have been filled by their respective assignee, that assignee can then sign the document. They do not need to wait for fields assigned to others to be completed first.
- The number of fields that need to be completed is shown as an X/Y count in the step.
- To fill a required field, click on the field in the document and enter a value.
- To move more easily through the fields, select Start button in the Document progress card to begin and Next button to move from one field to the next.
- Save your field values by clicking the Save button. A new version of the document will be created containing the added field values.
Who sees the Fields step in the progress card?
- The Fields step in the progress card is visible to anyone who can fill fields and has fields assigned to them.
- Only participants with full and limited editing rights can fill fields. Participants with Viewer editing rights cannot fill fields.
- Both internal users and external guests can have fields assigned to them.
- If the document does not contain any fields, the Fields step will not appear in the document progress card.
- Approvals are only accessible to internal users. External guests cannot view or edit approvals.
- The number of approval steps that need to be completed is shown as an X/Y count in the step.
- Internal users can request approvals by clicking Request. They can also send a request with a custom message from the dropdown menu.
- Editing or deleting approvals can be done from the Approvals panel.
- Approvers can Accept or Reject an approval step from the Progress Card step.
- All actions available in the Approvals step of the Progress Card are also available in the Approvals panel.
- If the document does not have approvals set, the Approval step will not appear in the progress card at all.
- Once at least one signer has been configured, the Signatures step appears in the Progress Card.
- The number of signatures needed is shown as an X/Y count in the step.
- From this step, both internal and external participants can Request signatures.
- Signers can sign by clicking on the Sign button.
- Internal users can open the Signers panel by clicking Configure Signers from the menu.
- External guests can view the Signers panel by clicking View Signers from the menu.
- If signatures have been requested but no one has signed the document yet, internal participants can Revert to Review from the menu.
Learn more about Why Can't I Sign my Document?