Our Internal and Public Versions feature allows internal users to make internal-only edits to documents that have already been shared with third parties, keeping vital information private during the negotiation stage.
- Internal versions are visible only to the individuals invited to your document and registered users in your Concord platform.
Create an Internal Version
- Documents created on Concord default to 'Internal' until they are shared with your first third party. Learn how to share a document here.
- If you would like to create an internal version of a public version, select 'Public Version' and then 'Create Internal Version.'
- The 'create internal version' feature is not available for Templates, Drafts, and Signed documents, as these are always internal-only documents.
Internal Version third-party experience:
When your team is working on an internal version, third parties that open the document will only view the latest public version.
The document will be in 'read-only' mode, which means third-parties:
Cannot edit the document
Cannot add/remove comments
Cannot fill-in fields
Cannot approve or reject the unresolved tracked changes
Do not receive notifications regarding 'new' internal versions
- However, third parties can view public comments, pending track changes, and post on the Discussion Panel.
- Public versions are visible to all individuals invited to your document.
Create a Public Version
- Documents that you create on Concord automatically move to 'Public' once you share them with your first third party. Learn how to share a document here.
If you're working on a Public version of a document, make a new public version by:
- Click Edit
- Make the appropriate revisions (learn more about editing a document here)
- Click Save
- All parties invited to the document will receive a notification regarding the new version.
Publish an Internal Version
- Publishing an Internal version will allow third parties invited to the document to view the latest version.
- This action CANNOT be undone.
Comparing and Restoring Versions
- Both Internal and Public Versions can be compared and restored in the 'Revisions' menu. Click here to learn more.