Using custom messages can help expedite the contract sharing process by sending parties prewritten custom messages. Adding additional context or details will help recipients understand intentions and take action faster.
- Manually edit the default message by typing directly into the message field, or you can select a pre-written Custom Message.
Create a Custom Message
- Custom Messages can be created under 'Settings'
- From Home, click the setting gear icon.
- Click Settings and select Custom Messages under 'Personal'
- Click Add message
- Enter a Title - this will not be seen by the recipient but will be used by you to select which personal message you would like to use during the sharing stage
- Enter a Message subject - this will be the subject of the invitation email
- Enter a Personal message - this will be the body of the invitation email
- Click Save
Use a Custom Message
Once you create a Custom Message, you can send it with your document invitations.
If you saved an invitation for later:
When you're ready to share the document, you can still apply a custom message to the invitation.
- Click Share
- Locate your party.
- Click the down arrow beside 'Invite now'.
- Click Invite with a message.
- Click the settings gear in the message field.
- Click Use custom message.
- Select the custom message from the pop-up list.
- If desired, further personalize/edit the message.
- Click Send.