Concord allows you to use the Word More feature to bring word documents directly into Concord. This allows you to edit documents offline in Word and leverage Concord to collect field values, versioning, approvals, and e-signatures. It can also reduce time spent on managing document formatting, especially for documents that need to be uploaded and e-signed in Concord or have complicated formats or specific font needs.
Importing with Word Mode
- From the Concord Home page, select New Document, and then 'New Document to sign.'
- Choose 'From Word' -OR-
- Select 'Draft & Sign' and upload a document. Select Word Mode.
- Choose the file you would like to import, select 'Word Mode' and click 'Import.'
- Required fields, text fields, and signature fields can all be added to the document.
- Insert the field of your choice, and drag and drop it into the appropriate location.
Editing the Document
- Except for adding fields, editing the document will be done outside of Concord. You will need to export the document, make changes in Word, and reupload it into Concord for signature.
Exporting the Document
- From the top navigation menu, select export -OR- Select the 'Upload' icon from the top right corner.
- Export to either PDF or Word Doc. If you would like to edit the document in Word, you will want to select Word Doc.
Importing the Document
- If you would like to import a newer version of the document, select 'Import.' -OR- Select the 'Upload' icon from the top right corner.
- Choose the file you would like to import as the newest version and choose whether you would like it imported with Word Mode or Live import. Version comparison is not available for documents imported through Word Mode. However, all versions can be downloaded via the version history.
- Redlines and comments made in the Word document will not be visible when viewing the document in Concord.
- Fields inserted in the document are retained when uploading a new version
- Fields inserted in the document are NOT visible in the downloaded file
Convert to Live Document
- If you would like to convert to a Live Document from the file menu, select Convert to Live Document. This option will not be visible to third-party collaborators.
- Converting to a live document will delete inserted fields, and it cannot be undone. Keep in mind it may also alter the formatting of your document.
Documents imported from an integration such as Salesforce, Excel, or Google Drive are not available for Word Mode import.