Creating a Custom Approval
- From the Home page:
- Click on the 'New document' button in the top right of your screen
- or; Click on Documents in the left-hand navigation panel to select an existing document in the 'draft' stage
- Click on 'Approvals' from the right-hand side of your screen.
- Click 'Set Approval'
- Select 'Custom Approval'
- Select 'Add Step' and build the steps of your workflow.
- A 'Mandatory Step' will always be required.
- A 'Conditional Step' will be required based on values input into the documents 'Smart Fields'
Create a Conditional Approval or Conditional Step
- When setting up a Custom approval workflow on a document, each step can be set as Mandatory or Conditional. Using a conditional step will allow you to create workflows based on values inserted into the document's Smart Fields.
- Select 'Approvals' from the Summary tab on the right side of the screen
- Click on 'Set an approval.'
- Select 'Custom Workflow.' This feature is not currently offered for Company Workflows.
- Click 'Add a Step'
- Select: 'Mandatory' or' 'Conditional'. If Mandatory, select the Approver(s) and choose between 'everyone' or 'anyone.'
- If Conditional, select a Smart Field from the dropdown
- Enter the desired operator and value in the field. To add additional conditions, select 'Add.'
- Click 'Get approval from' and select desired approvers.
Admins can preemptively build workflows that users can then attach to their contracts. Rather than building a workflow from scratch, they can leverage any prebuilt options and save time. Company approvals can be added pre-emptively in anticipation of needing certain team members' approval. For example, any time a contract is over $300,000, we require the approval of our CFO. Therefore, build the CFO approval in 'Company Approvals' and add it to any contract meeting the CFO approval criteria.
- Select ' Settings' from the left-hand navigation panel
- Click 'Add Approval'
- Title the approval workflow, and add a description that clearly states the intention of the workflow. Users should be able to easily select the appropriate workflow for a document
- Select the Approver(s)
- From Anyone: At least one approver listed must approve the document
- From Everyone: All approvers listed must approve the document
- Add additional steps if desired, and select 'Save'