To make the transition from Tags for access to folders to access as simple as possible, Concord has created a spreadsheet that will allow you to map your current tags to folders. Once the spreadsheet has been completed, it will be sent back to Concord, where the changes will be made within your account. Please keep in mind that while tags used for access functionality will be disabled, all tags will remain on your documents.
This migration process will only affect customers with tags for access still enabled. If you do not see the option for 'Download Excel' under your company preferences, your organization will not be affected.
Starting the Process
- As an Admin, open your settings and select 'Preferences' under 'Company Settings.'
- From here, you will see a button titled 'Download Excel.' Click this button to start the download.
- The excel document will have three columns.
- Tag Name: The name of your tags as they currently exist in Concord. This is pulled directly from your current list of tags within Concord. With tags for access functionality being disabled, current documents containing these tags will be added to a folder of the same name. Example: Documents tagged with 'Dept - Legal' will now be added to the 'Dept- Legal' folder. Initial permission from the tag will follow to the folder.
- Default Folder: The folder name generated from your original tags. The default folder name will remain if you choose to make no changes by using 'Custom Folder Name.' For organizations with a large number of tags, there may be several documents that end up existing in a folder by themselves due to the tags associated with the document. Custom Folder names will allow you to have cleaner naming conventions and combine default folders into a singular custom folder.
- Custom Folder: The name you would like to change the default folder to better align with your organizational needs.
- Example: All documents tagged with '100k-150k' will be mapped to the custom folder titled 'Under 150k'.
- If you would like to combine tags into a single folder, use the custom folder name to do so. For example, HR and HR2 tags will now be mapped to the new customer folder titled 'HR.'
All permissions associated with tags will be carried over to folders with the migration.
Sending the Excel Sheet Back to Concord
- Once the excel sheet has been completed, send the finished version to email@example.com
- Once the file has been sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Concord Team will complete your tags to folders migration. Please have your spreadsheet completed and sent back to Concord by February 4, 2022, to ensure a timely migration of your tags to folders.