Why use Tags?
Tags will help you:
- Organize and group your documents
- Easily retrieve your documents by filtering the Inbox
- Control who has access to documents (more info here)
You can create as many tags as you need, to reflect your internal organization in your Concord account. As a best practice, we suggest that you start by creating tags matching:
- Internal departments: Legal, Sales, HR, Procurement, etc.
- Any recurring document types or categories: "Customers", “Vendors”, “HR”, “Real Estate”, etc...
Each document can have any number of tags.
Displaying tags in the Inbox table
The tags are not shown in the Inbox by default. To display the tags column in your Inbox, click on the Customize icon on the right side of the toolbar and select the 'Tags' column.
Using tags as filters
When you create a tag, it appears automatically as a filter in the sidebar of your Inbox. Filtering documents by tag can be done from the Inbox.
Creating tags to help organize your documents - for Administrators
To create a tag:
- Settings > Company Settings > Tags Management
- Add New Tag > Enter name of tag > Create
Applying tags to a document:
- From your Inbox select the document you want to tag.
- Select the 'Summary' tab in the right panel.
- Click on the 'Add tags' button in the first section of the Summary Sheet.
- Begin typing the name of the tag you wish to add in the input field.
- Select an existing tag from the dropdown menu that appears as you type, or
add a new tag to the document (tag names cannot include spaces, commas, colons, or semicolons).
- Press return to add the tag. The added tag will appear under the input field in a grey container.
- Add as many tags as you wish to the document.
- Select 'Save' when you are done.
Deleting a tag - for Administrators
- Go to Settings > Company Settings > Tags Management
- Check the checkboxes of the tag(s) you want to delete
- Click on the "Delete tag" button in the table toolbar
- Confirm the deletion in the conformation modal
The nested tags of deleted parent tags will be deleted as well, even if they weren't explicitly selected.
Tags granting document access will be ignored. Delete the access rules first.