This feature is available on select subscription plans.
With Smart Fields, Concord administrators can preemptively create standardized fields for use at the organization level. Smart fields can be inserted into documents to collect data (like form fields), but: data entered into Smart Fields appear in the Summary Sheet and your Custom Reports.
Create a Smart Field
All users will be able to view existing Smart fields in the left-hand navigation panel. For example, for an Administrator to create a Smart Field:
- From the Home page, click Smart Fields on the left side panel
- Click + Add field
Currently, Smart Fields can be renamed but cannot be deleted from the Smart Fields list.
Insert a Smart Field into a Document
- Internal creators (and Administrators) granted full editing rights on a document can insert Smart Fields
- From the right-hand menu, select the fields icon
- Choose the smart field you would like added to the document
- Drag and drop the smart field into the appropriate location on your document
Edit an Inserted Smart Field in Document
- Smart fields can be edited by clicking the smartfield
- The right-hand pop-up modal will allow you to change the assignment, make it a required field, or remove the field.
Note: External guests can also delete a smart field from a document, but they cannot insert smart fields themselves.