This feature is available for customer's on select subscription plans. Please contact our Customer Success Team should you be interested in accessing this feature.
With Smart Fields, Concord administrators can create standardized fields for use at the organization-level. Those fields can be inserted into documents to collect data (like form fields), but: data entered into these fields automatically populate to the document's Summary Sheet.
Watch & Repeat
Note: To complete a required field or Smart Field, follow the instructions here.
Create a Smart Field
All users will be able to view existing Smart fields in the Standards gate. For an Administrator to create a Smart Field:
- Navigate to Concord Home
- Click Standards
- Select Smart fields
- Click the blue "Add Field" button
Note: Currently, Smart Fields can be renamed but cannot be deleted from the Standards list.
Insert a Smart Field into a Document
Internal creators (and Administrators) granted full editing rights on a document can insert Smart Fields while in "Edit" mode:
- In any Template or document, click Edit
- Click on the space in your document where you want to add a Smart Field
- In the toolbar, select Special Fields
- Select Smart Field
- In the pop-up modal, choose your desired Smart Field
- Select your preferences: 'fillable by' and 'required' or 'optional'
- Click Save
Editing an Inserted Smart Field
Smart fields can only be edited by Administrators in the Smart Fields section of Standards.
However, the following can be adjusted by clicking on an inserted smart field and selecting the 'Edit' tool icon:
- Who can fill the field (internal parties, external parties, both)
- Whether or not the field is required or optional
Note: External guests with full editing rights can also adjust the above.
Deleting an Inserted Smart Field
In edit mode, click on an inserted smart field and then select the trash icon to remove it (or simply use the backspace key)
Note: External guests can also delete a smart field from a document, but they cannot insert smart fields themselves.